We use Traditional Chinese Acupuncture for treatment which is holistic in that it treats the whole person. This form of Acupuncture is over 5000 years old and seeks to relieve distressing symptoms but also promotes long term strength and well-
Holistic Chinese Acupuncture can treat many conditions including Arthritis, Skin conditions eg Eczema and Psoriasis, Neuralgia, Asthma, Gastritis, Gynecological problems and the recovery from Stroke. Western Medical Acupuncture is very limited in its approach in that it generally considers Acupuncture only treats pain.
- Acupuncture as a medical therapy is over 5000 years old and originated in Ancient China.
- The treatment consists of inserting fine needles into Acupuncture points in order to stimulate the flow of blood and Qi to that area.
- For instance needling bladder 13 which is shown on this diagram will help with asthma symptoms and also helps neck pain.
- There are around 300 main acupuncture points on the body, all of which have different effects.
- There are thousands of other points used to treat medical conditions, so it is a very dynamic therapy.
- Conditions that can be helped are; Asthma, Arthritis, Low back pain, knee pain, Migraine headache and all other headaches, stress, hay fever and coughs.
- The full training for an Acupuncturist is 3 years. This is the training Mr. Peter Arnold was successful in completing in 1988.
- The treatment is not painful and can be very relaxing. A full medical history is taken and the patient is treated holistically.