Osteopathy is a gentle, safe and non-
It recognises that the body has its own self-
When something goes wrong and the body experiences dysfunction such as pain, osteopathy acts to help the body to return to self-
- Osteopathy is a hands on treatment which treats the whole body with the philosophy of structure governs function ie. If a joint in the spine is misaligned and not moving, causing nerve pressure that joint will not function properly and cause pain and stiffness.
- Osteopathy is one of the most effective treatments for back and neck pain. It is also good for shoulder, knee and ankle problems.
- The treatment consists of soft tissue massage to relax affected muscles plus ultra-
sonic therapy to help pain and inflammation plus Osteopathic manipulation to realign the spine.
- The treatment is relaxing and with a good experienced Osteopath, the pain level can be improved quite quickly, often in one session.
- Osteopathic treatment can treat all parts of the spine and musculature and all other joints, from wrists to ankles and knees.
- Commonly helped problems are low back pain, sciatica, nerve pain into the arm and shoulder , muscle injuries and mid back problems.
- Mr Peter Arnold has been successfully practising for over 30 years in Hitchin.